Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts & Circles. Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts & Circles:
* Reach down behind your ankle, pull your foot up and plant it in front of your hip.
* Turn your knee out to the ceiling.
* Engage your powerhouse and keep your shoulders and hips vertically stacked.
Action for Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts.
* Breathe normally: Lengthen and lift your lower leg. Keep the knee locked and the toe toward the kneecap.
* Lengthen and lower.
Action for Side Kick Series: Circles.
* Make a big circle with your your leg toward the front, then up around and back.
* Reverse the direction.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Lengthen up, and lengthen down.
* Lift Lift, lower lower.
* Circle round and one and two and three...
* Reverse and one and two and three...
* Stretches the uppermost buttock just when it is ready to respond to stretching.
* Works the thigh adductors.
* Circle the leg just as much behind as you do forward.
* Stay stacked and stable - Imagine that buttocks and shoulders are lined up against the wall behind you.
* Keep the upper knee pointing to the ceiling and the foot firmly planted on the ground.
Don't let an injury or weakness stop you! There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you. If in doubt, seek advice!
* Back, sacrum or knee pain - put your knee on a cushion, with the foot on the ground if you can.
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.