Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Side Kick Series: Heel Beats. Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for Heel Beats:
* Lie on your stomach your head on your hands, and your heels together in Pilates stance..
* Scoop your abs, clench your glutes...
Action for Heel Beats.
* Use your glutes to raise your legs off the mat.
* Briskly beat your heels together.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Lift, beat your inner thighs together!
* Long legs! Scoop deep! Clench the butt!
* Works the abs, back muscles and gluteus maximus.
* Scoop your abs, - make a house for a mouse!
* Work your glutes, not your hamstrings!
* Keep the body long and strong on the mat.
Don't let an injury or weakness stop you! There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you. If in doubt, seek advice!
* Back or hip pain - Scoop the abs, clench the buttocks and slide the legs apart and together again. Do it slowly and for fewer repetitions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.