Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners: The One Leg Teaser . Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for The One Leg Teaser:
* Sit tall with knees at a 45 degree angle and inner thighs glued together.
* Straighten one knee, and reach the arms long beside your ears.
Your back forms a gentle C-curve.
Action for The One Leg Teaser.
* Inhale and reach your arms to your feet.
* Exhale to roll down
* Just as your head approaches the mat, extend your arms behind you, and immediately
* Inhale to roll up: Reach for your knee, your toe, then the sky.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Roll down, exhale up!
* Reach for knees, toes, the sky!
* Make it smooth!
* Works the abs, back muscles and gluteus maximus.
* Use your powerhouse to come up smoothly (don't jerk).
* Keep the extended toes absolutely still, at eye level.
* The bottomn foot stays anchored to the mat..
Modifications: Don't let an injury or weakness stop you! There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you. If in doubt, seek advice!
* Lower back problems - grasp behind the thighs and roll back a small distance.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.