Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners: The One Leg Teaser . Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for The One Leg Teaser:
* Sit tall with knees at a 45 degree angle and inner thighs glued together.
* Straighten one knee, and reach the arms long beside your ears.
Your back forms a gentle C-curve.
Action for The One Leg Teaser.
* Inhale and reach your arms to your feet.
* Exhale to roll down
* Just as your head approaches the mat, extend your arms behind you, and immediately
* Inhale to roll up: Reach for your knee, your toe, then the sky.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Roll down, exhale up!
* Reach for knees, toes, the sky!
* Make it smooth!
* Works the abs, back muscles and gluteus maximus.
* Use your powerhouse to come up smoothly (don't jerk).
* Keep the extended toes absolutely still, at eye level.
* The bottomn foot stays anchored to the mat..
Modifications: Don't let an injury or weakness stop you! There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you. If in doubt, seek advice!
* Lower back problems - grasp behind the thighs and roll back a small distance.
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.