Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Shoulder Bridge Prep. Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for Shoulder Bridge Prep:
* Lie on your back and anchor your palms and shoulder blades into the mat.
* Place your feet a foot length away from, and in line with your hips.
* Your knees should be in line with your hips.
Action for Shoulder Bridge Prep.
* Scoop deep and clench your butt, and one. quick smooth action, inhale and boost up.
* Pause, work glutes & abs together, & lengthen your tailbone toward the back of your knees.
* Roll back down to the ground: your upper back, your mid back, your low back, and finally your tail bone.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Inhale and boost up!
* Hold strong and long from knee to shoulder
* Exhale down: upper back, middle back, lower, back, hips
* Connects the Gluteus maximus (clenched butt) action to the powerhouse.
* Spinal articulation.
* Practices pelvic stability.
* Keep the "Pilates "Box" square.
* When boosted up, maitain a straight line from knee to shoulder.
* Maintain length either side of your body.
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.