How to Do the beginner pilates move Shoulder Bridge Prep
Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Shoulder Bridge Prep. Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for Shoulder Bridge Prep:
* Lie on your back and anchor your palms and shoulder blades into the mat.
* Place your feet a foot length away from, and in line with your hips.
* Your knees should be in line with your hips.
Action for Shoulder Bridge Prep.
* Scoop deep and clench your butt, and one. quick smooth action, inhale and boost up.
* Pause, work glutes & abs together, & lengthen your tailbone toward the back of your knees.
* Roll back down to the ground: your upper back, your mid back, your low back, and finally your tail bone.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Inhale and boost up!
* Hold strong and long from knee to shoulder
* Exhale down: upper back, middle back, lower, back, hips
* Connects the Gluteus maximus (clenched butt) action to the powerhouse.
* Spinal articulation.
* Practices pelvic stability.
* Keep the "Pilates "Box" square.
* When boosted up, maitain a straight line from knee to shoulder.
* Maintain length either side of your body.