Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Side Kick Series: Swimming. Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for Swimming:
* Lie on your front with your arms long and in line with your shoulders, and legs long and parallel behind.
* Nose to the mat, abs off the mat.
* Work your glutes and lengthen your legs away.
Action for Swimming Preparation.
* Lift your head to look at the mat under your finger tips and lengthen.
* Inhale and raise your right arm and left leg, pause and lengthen them away.
* Exhale, lower and switch to lift the opposite arm and leg, pause and lengthen them away.
Action for Swimming.
* Raise your head to look at the mat under your finger tips.
* Inhale for five rapid arm and leg switches.
* Exhale for five rapid arm and leg switches.
* Repeat for a total of 20 switches.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Scoop deep! Swim long!
* Lift and switch, lift and switch...
* Works all the "powerhouse" muscles - including those of the shoulders, the abdomen and the buttocks.
* The entire torso stays long.
* The back of the neck stays long.
* Keep the arms and legs at an even height. Work for length before you work for height.
* Let the arms move from the shoulder (work the upper powerhouse).
* let the legs work from the hip (work the abs and the buttock muscles).
Modifications: Don't let an injury or weakness stop you! There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you. If in doubt, seek advice!
* Lower back problems - work the arms alone, or work the legs alone.
* Shoulder problem - work the legs alone.
* Neck - Keep the head down.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades