Search "Pilates animation" on Wonderhowto for other more videos by this user.
If you are looking a for a quick pilates reference, take a look at this pilates animation. This a quick & easy, clearly explained diagram of the pilates mat exercise: Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Spine Stretch Forward. Pilates exercises focus on breathing, alignments of the spine & build strong torso muscles.
Setup for Spine Stretch Forward:
* Inhale and sit tall on your sit bones with your back against an imaginary wall.
* Legs slightly wider than your shoulders, knees pointing to the ceiling and heels lengthening away.
* Arms straight out in front, palms down.
* Roll your shoulder blades away from your ears.
Action for Spine Stretch Forward.
* Exhale, hollow your abdomen and peel off an imaginary wall vertebra by vertebra.
* Reach forward "up and over a barrel", and stretch forward.
* Inhale as you roll back up: your sacrum, your low back, your mid back, your upper back, and finally your neck and head.
Classic Pilates Cueing:
* Peel off the wall.
* Exhale and reach over a barrel.
* Stretches the spine vertebra by vertebra, and stretches the hamstrings
* Teaches how to sit tall on the sit bones (so you don't slump at your desk).
* Align your back and head against an imaginery wall.
* Don't muscle into the C-curve, but rather scoop deeply inward and upward, and relax into it with the help of your powerhouse.
Don't let an injury or weakness stop you! There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you. If in doubt, seek advice!
* If your back is sore, bend the knees slightly and ease forward a minimal (even 2 inches is OK)distance, staying within your pain free or minimal pain range.
* Pelvis tilts backward when you are sitting tall? - Bend your knees slightly until pelvis is vertical.
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.