This pilates how-to video illustrates the Lateral Flexion exercise of the Side Leg Series. It is obviously a great exercise for lateral flexion and balance.
The Lateral Flexion exercise targets the transversus abdominis, rectus abdominis, obliques, quadratus lumborum, adductors and abductors. Focus on maintaining the engagement of the abdominals and transversus abdominis. Avoid sinking into the floor on your supporting side. Keep inner thighs connected and reach long out of the feet and head. Stabilize the scapulae to avoid tension in your trapezius.
To modify this pilates exercise, keep the upper body on the floor and just lift the legs. You can also add a ring or small ball between the lower legs to add resistance and help maintain the inner thigh connection. Practice this pilates lateral flexion side leg series at home.
As a reminder, always consult your doctor for medical advice and treatment before starting any exercise program. If you should experience any pain or discomfort, please discontinue the exercise and consult your doctor immediately.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades