This Pilates Side Bend exercise is used to enhance lateral mobility of the spine. It primarily targets the transversus abdominis, obliques and scapular stabilizers. Attention should be paid to the abdominal contraction to maintain rib connection and prevent the hips and shoulders from rotating. The cervical spine should stay aligned with the thoracic spine.
This Pilates Side Bend can be modified by:
a) bringing the feet closer to or further away from body to
b) Leave the bottom knee on the mat, do not fully extend that leg (less
pressure in the supporting arm & shoulder).
Practice one or both of this pilates side bend variations.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades