This pilates how-to video illustrates the Obliques exercise. This exercise is great for rotation, flexion and strengthening pelvic stability.
The Obliques exercise targets the transversus abdominis, rectus abdominis, and obliques. Only take the legs as low as pelvic stability can be maintained. Keep the transversus abdominis engaged throughout the entire exercise. The elbows stay wide and open, as the scapulae stabilizers stay connected throughout the exercise. Feel the shoulder move toward the opposite leg, not the elbow.
Modify this pilates exercise by keeping the legs in the tabletop position, with a ball between the knees, or bring the feet to the floor. Increase the challenge by speeding the breath pattern or hold a fitness circle to add resistance. Practice doing this pilates exercise for your obliques at home.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades